cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed Switch Port Usage report after importing LMS 2.6 data into LMS 3.1

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've seen this on multiple boxes. Initially I thought it was simply due to the hostname difference between the source LMS and target. But now that the LMS 3.1 server has taken on the hostname of the LMS 2.6 server, it no longer makes sense. Basically, I get an email:

Job Id : 1751

Job Instance Id : 172

Job Type : Unused Down

Description : switch ports unused

Start time : Mon Dec 01 15:00:37 EST 2008

End time : Mon Dec 01 15:00:40 EST 2008

Server : lms-server-hostname / 111.222.333.444

Error(s) : Save Switch Port Usage-Unused Down Report failed

However, the report is listed as "successful" on the Common Services homepage, although clicking on the report ID returns "The report is not available" which corroborates that it has actually failed.

1751.172 Switch Port Usage-Unused Down switch ports... Succeeded 01 Dec 2008, 15:00:41 EST

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

According to the log, that's exactly why. The old report names from LMS 3.0 are supported, but not those from 2.6. The jobs will need to be recreated using the new 3.1 reports.

View solution in original post

I really hate this widget. It has a limit of three characters. So, if you have 180 in there, just hit delete three times, then type in 90.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The report succeeded, but saving it to disk failed. There should be some more details in the Cmapps.log.

Nothing in the log stands out in particular. I wonder if it's simply because the Job Type "Switch Port Usage-Unused Down" is no longer valid in LMS 3.1.

According to the log, that's exactly why. The old report names from LMS 3.0 are supported, but not those from 2.6. The jobs will need to be recreated using the new 3.1 reports.

On a related note, the replacement "Switch Port Report-Reclaim Unused Down Access Ports" report has a 30-day max by default. I thought it'd supposed to be able to look back further, so I manually typed in 180 (days). It took it fine. But now, I can't make that field take 60 or 90 days. Is there any way around that?

I really hate this widget. It has a limit of three characters. So, if you have 180 in there, just hit delete three times, then type in 90.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: