cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"no ports on the voice server are available for outgoing calls" in Viewmail

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

Some users are getting the following error in viewmail when clicking on the message to playback. "no ports on the voice server are available for outgoing calls" We are running viewmail 5.0 with exchange 2003. Has anyone seen this before, it is working for some users.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does the integration to which those users belong has ports set for TRAP or message notification??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Efrain,

As nicely noted by my friend Java, it is probably a lack of TRAP Ports/resources;

TRAP Connection

Check this check box so that subscribers can use the phone as a recording and playback device in Cisco Unity web applications and e-mail clients. Assign TRAP Connection to the least busy ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny020.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I also have this problem from time to time our Unity 7.x server. I run into it because new accounts for some reason don't fall into the correct integration so they always need to moved manually. If the user isn't part of any integration they will get this message. Once moved to the correct integration the message will go away.

I'm a newbie in Unity.

I have voicemails running fine but my problem is with creating Auto Attendant on it. So far I was able to access the new auto attendant from an internal phone but i can't transfer to any extension.

I tried to play back the message and i get that "No ports on the voice server are available for outgoing calls"

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hello,

Appreciate this thread is a couple of years old, but am getting this issue witha few users randomly.

Server: 8.0

VMO: 8.0(3)

Can you please expand upon what you mean by this:
"" I run into it because new accounts for some reason don't fall into the  correct integration so they always need to moved manually.  If the user  isn't part of any integration they will get this message.  Once moved to  the correct integration the message will go away.  ""

i have looked at a users config and cannot see what you mean.

On Unity i can see integration and this is correctlyshowing the CUCM IP Addesss and port number along with MWI numbers.

Rgrds,

NeilW

Ok, found the steps required and this fixed my issue.

VNC to Unity Server

Click Start

Click Programs

Click Unity

Click Manage Integrations

Click Tools

Click Subscriber-Phone System Associations
Find all un-assigned people
Click Move
Select PhoneSystem
Click Go
Click Yes