cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Entering to Meet-me with password

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to password protect the meetme number? I mean joining users should enter a password.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

with only CUCM no, the WA is to have users join thru unity and have them announce themselves to accept or reject them.

if you do need pwd protection you'll need MPE

please search previous posts as this has been asked quite few times in the past

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

with only CUCM no, the WA is to have users join thru unity and have them announce themselves to accept or reject them.

if you do need pwd protection you'll need MPE

please search previous posts as this has been asked quite few times in the past

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Okan,

Just to add a touch to the great tips from Java.

This solution (paraphrased) is presented in the Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

There is a nice discussion of this setup in this recent post (Thanks Deji and Robert);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbfa8c4

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: