WLAN guest access repetitive auth page redirection

Unanswered Question
Dec 2nd, 2008
User Badges:

We are using wired and wirelass guest access with Anchor controllers in a DMZ and authentication via a NAC guest server.

Some users have the problem that when they are authenticated and change to a different internet page they have to reauthenticate. Sometimes they have to authenticate 4 or 5 times.

One thing to add is that we are using a redundant pair of Controllers as anchor.

On the office controllers i have specified Anchor1 as first anchor and Anchor2 as 2nd.

But users are randomly connected to both anchors. Is there a way to specify that Anchor2 should just be used if Anchor1 is not available?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Tue, 12/02/2008 - 06:27
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

There is no way to specify the flow of traffic to multiple anchor wlc's. The foreign wlc will determine which guest anchor it will use if multiple have been configured in the mobility group and in the ssid.

Is this happening to users on both guest anchors or not. Is the users roaming between ap's on different foreign wlc's? If so, then you must make sure the data and control path between the two guest anchors are up and also the foreign wlc's. What you can do is take down one of the guest andchors and see if there is an issues with one of the guest anchors.

amadeus Mon, 12/15/2008 - 06:44
User Badges:

sorry for the late reply but i was busy with other things.

I disabled one Anchor as you suggested but the problem didn't disappear.

The problem only happens to wired Guest access users not to the wireless ones. When i check the local controllers i can see the mac-address of the wired client on both Controllers. The problem seems to be there.

I have disabled now the wired guest access on one local controller to see if the problem is gone. will keep yo updated.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network