1841 Router Performance

Unanswered Question
Dec 2nd, 2008

Hello All

I have been trying to dind this information and have not been able to find anything in the Cisco documentation. Hopefully someone here can help me.

Anyways, I am looking at purchasing an 1841 router for office but I need to make sure if can handle a large number of new connections per second and large number of concurrent connections. We only have a few people in the office, but run some programs that have large number of connections per second and concurrent connections. I have been looking around and could not find what the 1841, with a FW feature set, will support in terms of connections per second and concurrent connections. Does anyone know what these stats are?

Also, if I go with the 8-port switch module, does anyone know if you can assign each port of the switch to a separate vlan and do intra-vlan routing between ports on the module? I'm not sure if the switch shows up as one interface or if each port is a separate interface on the router allowing for different vlan's.

Thanks for the help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
satish_zanjurne Tue, 12/02/2008 - 11:48

1.Cisco 1841 supports upto 800VPN Tunnels with AIM module.

2.HWIC-4ESW , HWIC-D-9ESW , you can assign ports to different vlans.

3.A total of 15 VLANs are supported by an EtherSwitch HWIC.

4.This is a pure L2 switch module , no intervlan routing between ports on the module.

5.It will show ech port as seprate interface on the router.

HTH..rate if helpful..

nickehunt Tue, 12/02/2008 - 11:54

Thanks for the help. I got the VPN tunnels for concurrent tunnels, but do you know the number of concurrent connections the router will support with the FW feature set?

nickehunt Wed, 12/03/2008 - 05:26

Thanks for the information, this was very helpful.

In terms of the switch module, do you know if you can assign virtual dot1q interfaces on the router for intra-vlan routing between vlans on the switch module?

Pravin Phadte Fri, 12/05/2008 - 06:00

I am soory but unable to understand what you want to do with virtual dat1Q interface.

i am sure you are aware that you can create a interface as a trunk on router and sub interface with dot1Q for intervlan routing for the vlans on the switch.

You need to have a physical interface to be connected mostly it would not be possible using virtual interface.

let us know what you want to do in you network design.

This Discussion