double CCIE certification

Unanswered Question
Dec 2nd, 2008

Hi folks,

I need your advice. I've already posted my question on Certification Support Online, unlucky.

I would like to attempt a second CCIE lab, but privately and without 'sponsor' (my Company is not interested on a double-CCIE profile).

How to obtain a second CCIE certification without sharing that one self-sponsored with my Company profile?

Any advice will be appreciated

Best Regards

Andrea

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Richard Burts Tue, 12/02/2008 - 14:42

Andrea

I am not clear about parts of your question. It is certainly possible to do a CCIE without company sponsorship (at least in my understanding of it, any company sponsorship would be their paying for study materials, giving you time from work for study, or perhaps paying the fee for the lab) and you can certainly do those things privately. Is there some other aspect of sponsorship in your question that I am not considering?

Since you do not get a second number when you pass a second CCIE (it is two certifications linked to a single CCIE number) I am not sure that you can separate your "new" CCIE from your first one which is associated with your company. From what I know about it, if you get a second CCIE it will associate where your first is associated.

HTH

Rick

ariela Wed, 12/03/2008 - 01:06

Hi Rick,

thanks for your answer.

Yes, you're right about sponsorship, but the problem is how to separate the "new" CCIE from the first one which is associated with my Company. Just free, and not clearly associated with another Company.

My question is not about an illegal operation, I think .. just for a personal "ROI", because self-sponsored.

Any advice will be appreciated

Thank you!

Andrea

jim_berlow Fri, 12/05/2008 - 09:41

Andres,

Unfortunately there is not a way to separate your CCIEs within your profile. Since your profile is associated with your company, if you get a second CCIE you will in essence be giving that credential to them. The best way to handle this is to communicate this issue with your employer (if your sponsoring it then why should they get the credit). The only option you have is to disassociate your entire profile from them (which probably is not an option since they sponsored you for the first one).

Sorry for the bad news. You just don't have many options to work with.

Jim

srue Fri, 12/05/2008 - 12:20

maybe it's time to disassociate your ccie number from your company now.

Actions

This Discussion