cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i take Bavk up of router?

rajputmanish
Level 1
Level 1

I m having one 2811 Cisco router for internet connection. There is a firewall between router & Lan. Firewall & Router are connected via public IP. NAT is done on Firewall which is hiding my whole lan behind one public ip(i.e. ip on firewall interface which is directly connecting internet router.) I have permitted my PC from firewall to access the inernet router. So i am able to telnet that router. But i can't ping my PC (as it is private ip). So how can i take the backup of that router.

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to create a NAT translation for your PC and add the appropriate rules in your ACL or if you do the backup manually just copy-n-paste from your terminal emulator.

Hope that helps.

What NAT translation should be created?

Any other way to take back up of configuration of router.?

Since you have telnet access to the router. Telnet to the router

do show run

copy and paste the configuration to a file for backup

HTH

Lejoe

Stick a flash disk and copy the run config to the flash disk.

Also, as mentioned above, you can setup a tftp server on a pc on the internal network 10.0.0.0. You will need to create a NAT on the fortigate that will translate for example, your PC(TFTP Server) public IP to your PC(TFTP Server) internal address on tftp port. This way the traffic originating from your PUBLIC router can find a way back to your tftp server.

CCIE 26175
www.techsnips.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card