Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA Ver 5.4 Login

rpastorius
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running version 5.4. I want to know if there is a way to connect to a device using CNA in a read-only enviroment ?

I have user accounts created on the switches with access level 7. When you connect using CNA it says username and password for realm 15. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Use the Connect window in Network Assistant to connect to a community or cluster

Step 1: From the Connect window, enter the IP address of the device.

For an existing community, select its name from the pull-down menu. For an existing cluster, select the IP address.

2. For HTTP and Access Mode options, click the Options button.

- In the HTTP protocol field, select HTTP or HTTPS. To communicate with a clusterered or a standalone device, use HTTPS (secure HTTP) instead of HTTP.

- Select an HTTP port. Use an HTTP port other than 80 on cluster command devices or standalone devices.

- Select an access mode. Read-only access mode is the default.

- Click OK to return to the Connect Window.

You can also use this window to connect to a new community. For instructions on how to use the Connect to a new community option to create a community.

Step 3: Step 2 Click Connect

When you click Connect, you are either connected to the community directly, or you are prompted for a username and password and then connected. When you connect to a cluster, Network Assistant asks if you want to convert the cluster to a community

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_4_1/quick/guide/English/install.html