cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS : MQC , QMP cisco AutoQos

arturo.guzman
Level 1
Level 1

what of this metods is the most recommended to implement in a switching and why ?

We will have the 95% of switches Cisco and maybe the 5% 3com, and we will use a ccm 6 and cisco phones. And we will have traffic of video conference.

If there are any form to tune the autoqos to improve the performance of videoconference or i have to use mqc.

Could you refer me some information ?

thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

dependes on the switch models u gopnna have

what i would suggest

if u gonna use 3550/3560 or 2900/ on the access lswitches just enable qos enable priority queue then enable autoqos

and trust DSCP on uplink ports

on distribution switches u can do the same but if u have speciall requirments such as policing and rate limiting u can go with MQC

for video u need to make sure what marking the vediveo endpoint give to its traffic and make sure it has enough bandwith in the port queue and trust all the path

good luck

hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

dependes on the switch models u gopnna have

what i would suggest

if u gonna use 3550/3560 or 2900/ on the access lswitches just enable qos enable priority queue then enable autoqos

and trust DSCP on uplink ports

on distribution switches u can do the same but if u have speciall requirments such as policing and rate limiting u can go with MQC

for video u need to make sure what marking the vediveo endpoint give to its traffic and make sure it has enough bandwith in the port queue and trust all the path

good luck

hope this helps

arturo.guzman
Level 1
Level 1

My core is an switch 6500 and the distribution and access layer are 3750, we need QoS for Videoconference and Telephony, could you give me and advice to implement it ?

thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card