cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2621XM fast ethernet issue

jitendra.kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am facing an strange problem. I am using cisco 2621XM router.

Router fast ethernet 0/0 is able to ping its ip itself but not ping LAN network users ip on the same subnet & vise-versa. Port status is showing up when network cable is plugged and down when cable is unplugged & also port is showing admin down when i shutting the port and showing up after no shut fa0/0 port.

1- I have connected my pc dirctly to router fa0/0 & erased all the configuration(only fa0/0 confiugred). ip given to pc and fa0/0 on the same subnet. but again not able to ping from router to PC and vise-versa.

2- Then I have connected my pc dirctly to router fa0/1 & erased all the configuration(only fa0/1 confiugred). ip given to pc and fa0/1 on the same subnet. Now i am able to ping from router to PC and vise-versa.

I also checked above two steps with latest IOS release but not successed.

Please help me out to identify exact cause and its solution.

Thanks in advance.......JEET

1 Reply 1

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jeet,

You problem may be that you need to use a crossover cable to connect a PC directly into a router.

Or you can connect the PC to a switch with a straight-through cable and the router to the same switch with a straight-through cable.

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco