cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM clears timezone configuration on IPS

skipi
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to add live IPS device (6.1(1)E2S364) to CSM (3.2.0 and also 3.2.1 sp1)from network. This device has CET timezone configured. Everything went Ok while importing but when I tried to deploy some changes to this device, CSM cleared timezone configuration on it. I didn't find any possibility to configure TZ inside CSM nor can I manage it using flexconfig (as it is unavailable for IPS devices).

How is it possible to manage IPS devices with non-default TZ configured using CSM?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Use the time-zone-settings command to configure the timezone settings on the sensor, such as the timezone name the sensor displays whenever summertime settings are not in effect and the offset.

Security Manager enables you to define the time zone in which a Cisco IOS router is located. You can also define the start and end dates for Daylight Saving Time (DST).

Here is the good link managing IPS device with CSM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.1/user/guide/ipdvchap.html

thanks for your answer.

But the IPS device I'm talking about is standalone appliance. It is not module inserted inside IOS router. CSM enables me to define the time zone in which a Cisco IOS router is located, but not for the IPS device. Or at least I'm unable to find a way...