Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM BE7.0 Unity Connection questions

smartnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a quick questions regarding Unity connection licensing that is included in the CUCM Business Edition 7.x. Can anyone tell me if it comes with any user licenses for voice mail boxes and Opening greetings? I remember reading somewhere that it should come with license for 50 user mailboxes and 2 sessions.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks for your help!

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi SN,

Yes, BE-7.0 does come pre-loaded with VM licensing for the first 50 users :)

Ordering Information

You can now order Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition in two different ways - either by the traditional method or as part of a new workspace bundle.

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition Workspace Bundle packages the traditional base platform along with 50 Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Business Edition licenses, including the Cisco MCS 7828 hardware, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition software, Cisco Unified Presence software, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator or Cisco Unified IP Communicator with Cisco Unified Video Advantage software, and all the client, server software, Advanced Cisco Unity Connection user licenses, and Cisco Unified IP Phone licenses for the first 50 users who facilitate consistent deployment of multiple applications to their workspace. Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Business Edition includes licenses for presence, mobility, basic and advanced voice messaging, phones, and call control.

MCS7828I3-K9-WL

CUCMBE, 7828-I3 appliance, CUWL BE 50 Users

MCS7828H3-K9-WL

CUCMBE, 7828-H3 appliance, CUWL BE 50 Users

• In addition to the ***initial 50 users included in the workspace bundle, users can be added with an add-on part number (CUCM-BE-WL), which supplies additional Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Business Edition licenses. Complimentary licenses for required Cisco Unified Communications Essential Operate Service (ECD) - this service provides maintenance and minor updates, and Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) are also available.

You can order the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition by the traditional method using a single top-level bundle part number. The top-level part number allows you to configure the entire system, including hardware, software, and user licenses.

Or,

Organizations can select one of the base packages. ***The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition base packages bundle the Cisco MCS 7828 appliance with a preloaded software suite and seat licenses for the first 50 users. The seat licenses included in the base package cover the server licenses, mailboxes, and ports needed for the initial system. Note that these seat licenses do not cover phone or device licenses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7273/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6985.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your most helpful post as always!

How about the voicemail ports? does it only come with two voicemail ports? How do I add more?

Thanks again.

Hi SN,

You are most welcome!

Now this is a great question, of which I cannot find the definitive answer (sorry)

Can you try to find your UC License file ans see what this line says;

LicVoicePortsMax cisco 7.0=

Let us know,

Rob

Here is the license file:

SERVER this_host ANY

DAEMON Cisco

INCREMENT LicVoicePortsMax cisco 2.0 permanent 2 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=8CC816988C66

INCREMENT LicSubscribersMax cisco 2.0 permanent 10 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=BAC7AF6048F4

INCREMENT LicVMISubscribersMax cisco 2.0 permanent 10 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=593CE712C0D4

INCREMENT LicAdvancedUserMax cisco 2.0 permanent 10 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=052559982BE8

INCREMENT LicIMAPSubscribersMax cisco 2.0 permanent 10 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=2DFB90BC3CE6

INCREMENT LicServerBackend cisco 2.0 permanent 1 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=7A64C82A39B8

INCREMENT LicServerVoiceRec cisco 2.0 permanent 1 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=3BC56F04DB0C

INCREMENT LicRealspeakSessionsMax cisco 2.0 permanent 2 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=E3CA0A32FB56

INCREMENT LicUnityVoiceRecSessionsMax cisco 2.0 permanent 2 \

HOSTID=ANY NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO \

" SIGN=4375DB62DDF4

INCREMENT LicRegionIsUnrestricted cisco 2.0 permanent 1 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="UNITY-DEMO " \

SIGN=ABA390846F96

Hey SN,

You were right my friend! This line;

INCREMENT LicVoicePortsMax cisco 2.0 permanent 2

Means that you have 2 Ports. You will need to talk to you re-seller of Cisco SE about ordering up some more.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have run into this on nearly every CUCM-BE order. The good thing is that you can simply email the Cisco SO# to licensing@cisco.com and request a new license file to be generated with the 16 VM ports that CUCM-BE is intended to come with. Usually get a new license file within 2 hours.

Interesting to note that if you order CUCM-BE with CUWL licensing (CMBE-WRKSP-BDL), the 50 user bungle includes all the licenses you would require for Unity CN 16 ports, 50 Adv VM users. There is no separate part number to order Unity CN ports since it is included as part of the CUWL BE license.

-KM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: