Cisco Press Vs. Global Knowledge

Unanswered Question
Dec 3rd, 2008

Hello,

I am preparing for ISCW exam. I have already read Cisco Press study guide and have already assisted in GlobalKnowledge ISCW course.

There is a bit difference between what I saw in the book and in the course. For example, in Cisco Press, they have never talked about different type of Access Attacks and Reconnaissance Attacks and how to mitigate these attacks, but in Global Knowledge course they talked about them, in detail even!

As Global Knowledge is one of the approved learning centres by Cisco, I would like to know which one I can trust more "for the exam".

I will be thankfull if somebody can help me on this.

Mehdi

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
johnlloyd_13 Fri, 12/05/2008 - 22:19

what do you mean by "for the exam?" are you referring to brain dumps? there are a lot out there: testking, p4s, etc.

Richard Burts Mon, 12/08/2008 - 08:14

Mehdi

I was for quite a while a certified instructor teaching Cisco courses. I never worked for Global Knowledge and so I can not speak for them. But I know that our approach in teaching the courses was that we needed to cover the material that would assist students in being prepared to take the certification tests. But we also had an objective to add some value to the course by covering things related to the content that we thought that students should know and that might help them in their real networks as well as being prepared to pass the test.

So my guess is that the Cisco Press book is more true to the test, if that is your concern. I agree with Michael that it is to your advantage to know the material covered by both.

HTH

Rick

Mehdi Talei Mon, 12/08/2008 - 08:19

Thanks you guys for all your comments.

Yes, I will go through both sources. That will assure me for the exam and for sure will help me at work as well. it may take more time, but it is worth it.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Actions

This Discussion