Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 - switching them over to an alternate CallManager

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to test one of our VG248 units to get it to talk to our 'new' CallManager cluster (CUCM 6.1)

Within the config of the VG (IOS style commands) there is a setting for the TFTP server, which currently points to our *old* CallManager Publisher.

Do i simply need to alter the tftp pointer on the VG248 to point to the 'new' CallManager Publisher?

All the VGC devices have been manually copied over to the new CUCM - so the devices ought to register successfully.

Any thoughts appreciated with respect to the VG248's - i haven't played with these much in the past !

VG248 > Config > Telephony > "CallManager TFTP server" x.x.x.x

There is also a "CallManager Device name" field which i assume i dont need to change? This is currently 'VGC09xxxxxxx'

Rgds

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

Yes, you should be able to push that change (for testing) using this method :)

Identifying the Cisco CallManager TFTP Server

The VG248 uses the TFTP server to identify the correct Cisco CallManager system. If you are using DHCP, the VG248 attempts to obtain the TFTP server address from the DHCP server. Or, you can select a different TFTP server by modifying this setting. If you are not using DHCP, or if your DHCP server is not configured with a TFTP server address, you should identify the TFTP server using this setting.

Procedure

To assign a TFTP server, perform these steps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From the main menu, choose Configure.

Step 2 Choose Telephony.

Step 3 Choose CallManager TFTP server.

Step 4 Enter the IP address or host name of the TFTP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vg248/1_3_1/english/configuration/guide/vg248swv.html#wp1028565

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the prompt response Rob. I'm testing late tonight/early tomorrow.

There's no risk that pointing the VG248 at the new 6.1 CUCM will cause any update to firmware or anything on the VG is there? At present the VG points to an older 3.3(3) build of CallManager.

Rgds

Hi Andy,

You are always welcome! You should be good to go as the VG248 does not pull it's image from CCM but rather uses FTP to upgrade it's image as shown in this good doc. I wouldn't be surprised if the VG was already at the latest firmware anyways, 1-3-1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vg248/1_3_1/english/configuration/guide/vg248swt.html#wp1029333

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Hope you are doing well, I would like to know if you have know setting up a vg248 version 1.0 register with a CCM 4.1

It doesnt show the Telephony option for setup the TFTP server, any sugguest?

Regards

Andres

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: