cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.0 and 7921G trouble

shawn.c.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am new to this site but would like to dive right in. I have recently set up a CME 7.0 for use with a 7921 wireless phone. I can get the 7921 to register with the CME butit will not aquire the assigned DN and thus cannot make calls. Thanks for any help!!

16 Replies 16

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friend,

Could you paste your config?

Regards,

- Adrián.

Hi,

I am having the same issue with CME 7.0 which is used with cisco 7961 & 7941. they are registered with CME but not able to aquire the assigned DN and thus cannot make calls.

Can Any One Help Us in this Regards

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

my 3825 router conf is attached:

Hello, I noticed on your config that ephone 1 and ephone 2 do not have button assognments. This would keep the phones from working. They should be assigned dn as below

ephone 1

mac-address 0023.331B.57CF

type 7961

button 1:1

ephone 2

mac-address 001F.CA4C.621F

type 7941

button 1:2

Hope this helps your trouble.

Hello, I have attached my 2821 config as well as a list of the files in flash. This is a lab router but I am troubleshooting an actual problem on a customer CME. Thanks for any assistance.

I have also noticed that when the phone is registered and I issue the show ephone 7921 command that the phone does not show as the correct ephone. Just a little more info. Thanks!!

Thanks a ton

now i'm able to dial my peer with extension

Hi,

again im in trouble..

now not able to dial out..no dial tone

could you please help

Hi friend,

If you want to dial out, so you can make calls to PSTN, you need to configure dial-peers in your router.

Here is a guide to configure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/dial_peer/dpeer_c.html

Regards,

- Adrián.

Hello,

I am not sure if your post regarding dial peers is in response to my original post or the replies by "netsoft@netsoft.co.in". The trouble I am having is that when the 7921 registers with CME it does not receive the assigned ephone-dn thus I cannot make any internal or external calls. Thanks again for any help in this matter.

Shawn

Hi,

Thanks for the post but it doesnt helped me.I have 0 as secondary dial-tone. kindly tell what I need to configure to dial-out on any no.

Dial-Peer Configuration is attached.

Please Help

Hi,

You need to add the port command on your POTS dial-peer to route calls properly to the PSTN thru PRI or FXO.

Regards,

- Adrián.

Good Morning,

The problem with your Dial-Peers is most likley that there are no voice ports assigned to them. You must assign the voice port that is connected to the PSTN connection you are using. Below is an example. Good luck!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

description *****T1 PRI Pots Local Dial-peer*****

destination-pattern 9.......

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

description *****T1 PRI Pots Long Distance Dial-peer*****

destination-pattern 91T

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description *****T1 PRI Pots International Dial-peer*****

destination-pattern 9011T

Actually the International dial-Peer is working fine.

dial-peer voice 96 pots

corlist incoming international-call

corlist outgoing international-call

destination-pattern 0.T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:0

but the local-call dial peer is not working calls are hitting to it but as I can see in debug its going with my secondary dialtone

example 09811111111

dial-peer voice 95 pots

corlist incoming local-call

corlist outgoing local-call

destination-pattern 09T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:0

!

dial-peer voice 94 pots

corlist outgoing local-call

destination-pattern 9..

!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: