Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit the number of clients per AP

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to limit the number of clients to an AP? We run WLC's and a WCS. WLC version 4.1.185.0. I've read some stuff about threshold limits but nothing like "click this checkbox and enter in the max number of clients per AP" :>)

I've looked and have had no luck.

Thanks,

C

1 Reply 1

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

If the clients use CCX extensions you can influence them. Search in the Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide for "Using the GUI to Configure CCX Client Roaming Parameters" and "Using the CLI to Configure Aggressive Load Balancing".

Examples;

(WLC) >config load-balancing win ndow ?

Number of clients (0 to 20)

5 In the Scan Threshold field, enter the minimum RSSI that is allowed before the client should roam to a

better access point. When the RSSI drops below the specified value, the client must be able to roam to a

better access point within the specified transition time. This parameter also provides a power-save

method to minimize the time that the client spends in active or passive scanning. For example, the client

can scan slowly when the RSSI is above the threshold and scan more rapidly when below the threshold.

Range: -70 to -77 dBm

Default: -72 dBm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card