cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue upgrading firmware on 7965G (reqd for Plantronics HHC adaptor cable)

mattwilliams01
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Cisco IOS12.4 (11r) XW8, CME Bundle v4.2 on a UC520. I am trying to upgrade the 7965G firmware from SCCP45.8-3-2S to SCCP45.8-4-2S as I am having trouble getting a Plantronics HHC adapter cable working with a Headset. I understand this will only work with SCCP v8.3(3) or higher...............Hence the attempted upgrade. I have downloaded the cmterm-7945_7965-sccp zip from the Cisco site and have used Solarwinds TFTP to get the 8x files within that folder onto the flash of the UC520. However when I configure;

telephony-service

load phone-type SCCP45.8-4-2S

create cnf-files

I find on rebooting the phone it comes up with an error then it defaults back to the original SCCP45.8-3-2S file.

Has anyone seen this before or got any suggestions??

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure that After the phone is connected to the network, the phone startup process begins and the phone registers with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To finish installing the phone, configure the network settings on the phone depending on whether you enable or disable DHCP service.

If you used auto-registration, you need to update the specific configuration information for the phone such as associating the phone with a user, changing the button table, or directory number.

Thanks for the help

You will want to make sure each file in that upgrade package is enabled with the 'tftp-server ' command.

You can use 'debug tftp events' to see what it's missing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: