Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transaction logging on waas 4.1.1c no_peer

started doing transaction logging

where do i find the decode, I don't understand no_peer when both devices are accessible

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no_peer indicates that the TCP Autodiscovery does not detect another WAE at the other end during the syn/syn-ack/ack handshake.

Look for asynchronise routes that are not being intercepted or other back door routes that traffic might be taking. The same WAE needs to see both sides of the TCP connection. It could be something as simple as a typo in a wccp redirect-list acl or missing wccp redirect on an interface.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Dan

Dan, thanks for your input, most of the No_peer entries were from IP phones, whose vlans were not included in the wccp redirect

But I do have one remote WAE that seems to stop working after a few days, A lot of no_peer entries in the log, and when i telnet into the WAE and do a "sh wccp flow tcp" all the entries are zero. Reloading the WAE seems to fix this problem and it starts working for a few days ..any ideas what I need to look for to fix this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: