cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia E66 EAP-TLS error

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I am configuring a Nokia E66 (wich is v4 in Cisco Compatible Extensions, so it supports EAP-TLS) with WPA2 EAP-TLS against IAS in a Cisco Wireless Network and I always obtain the same error in the IAS event viewer.

denied accesss

Authentication-Type = EAP

EAP-Type = Smart Card or other certificate

Reason-Code = 16

Reason = Authentication was not successful because an unknown user name or incorrect password was used.

Has anybody tried E66 with EAP-TLS?

Any experiences?

4 Replies 4

pasimahone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you send details of your wlan setup in Nokia device?

-Pasi-

Yes, this is my setup

- hidden network

- infraestructure

- security: WPA/ WPA2

- EAP

- Plug -ins: EAP-TLS. I select the user certificate and the CA certificate. User name from the certificate, domain from the certificate

- WPA2 only mode

In the IAS log, the username is correct, but always appear this strange error. The certificates and infraestructure I use it works well in a notebook

Thanks

Hi,

Could you check the following from the Certificate:

'Issuer Alternative Name' and 'Subject Alternative Name' fields are not empty and

'Non Repudiation' field is not in use.

-Pasi-

Hi Pasi,

I only have the field 'Issuer', I don't have 'Issuer Alternative Name'. I have 'Non Repudiation' in the intermediate CA certificate, but not in the user certificate.

I'm using certificates with a public key of 2048 bits in the user and 4096 in the CA. I don't know if this can be a problem

Thanks for your interest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card