cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Text in Black Bar of IP Phone (7941/61/71 etc...)

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client running CM 6.1 who needs to change the extension display in the top right-hand corner on an IP Phone to the user's name or another Text Based field.

By default the display in the top right shows the extension number assigned to line 1. I have changes this in CME once or twice and losely remember that the phones will only display 14 characters but cannot for the life of me remember how to do this in CM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave

5 Replies 5

egarcia9330
Level 1
Level 1

In CME you can change the text of the black bar by entering a string on 'description' under the ephone-dn configuration.

If you have multiple ephone-dn assigned to an ephone, it will take the 'description' value of button #1.

IE:

ephone-dn 3

description LABEL

exit

Thanks,

I already know how to do this in CME.

This question relates to Unified Communications Manager 6.1.

I think what you are referring to is the mask that is displayed to callers. Go under the line settings and change the line that says "External Phone Number Mask" - that is the field that is displayed in the top right corner of the IP phones. HTH's.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

This is available in CME only, not CCM at this point in time;

Sadly, the "External Phone Number Mask" that John nicely noted (where this info is populated) only supports numbers, the letter X,* and #

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks All.

Manipulating the External Phone Number Mask will almost fits the bill! I am surprised that Cisco do not offer this on CM especially as CME and the 7900 range of phones appear to support this facility.

Thanks again,

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: