cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssl and ipsec vpn

dshrestha
Level 1
Level 1

For CISCO1841-SEC/K9, how many ssl vpn and and ipsec vpn connection we can make? The datasheet doesn't says any specific number.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dipendra

With the PIX and the ASA the number of peers is specified in the license and limited to the number specified in the license (so to support more peers you need to upgrade the license). In my experience the IOS implementation does not tie the number of peers to anything in the license. So if you purchase a feature set for your IOS router that supports IPSec/SSL VPN then that is your license for IPSec and SSL peering (no separate license is required).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dipendra

I found a data sheet with the following information about caacity of the VPN accelerator on the 1841. I hope this answers your question:

The Cisco IPsec and SSL VPN AIM supports up to 800 tunnels on the Cisco 1841,

Here is the link if you want more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/data_sheet_vpn_aim_for_18128003800routers_ps5853_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

Do I need to buy separate license for VPN? How about ssl-vpn and ipsec-vpn for IOS VPN?

Thanks.

Dipendra

With the PIX and the ASA the number of peers is specified in the license and limited to the number specified in the license (so to support more peers you need to upgrade the license). In my experience the IOS implementation does not tie the number of peers to anything in the license. So if you purchase a feature set for your IOS router that supports IPSec/SSL VPN then that is your license for IPSec and SSL peering (no separate license is required).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: