Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x Subscriber Installation Fails

j.dewiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having enormous problems with something that was so simple in 6.x.

I have my CUCM 7.0 Publisher and I add the subscriber server on the publisher first. I configure DNS for forward and reverse resolution and validate this. I do the install and I get an error stating the subscriber cannot be validated by the publisher. Sometimes I get an unable to synchronize with NTP error even though the publisher is synched. I have tried without using DNS and still cannot install the subscriber. I had no such problems with 6.x.

Please helpe if you can.

Thanks,

Joey

16 Replies 16

nunoscosta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dewiele,

Did you solve your problem?

Regards,

Nuno

I am having the same kind of problem during Subscriber installation.

Getting the error:

Unable to set the system clock using NTP server on the first node in the cluster...

any idea......

thx

Hi,

Are you in lab scenario or real scenario?

I am using vmware :(

I did not solve my problem yet...

Same here and I have not solved my problem yet either.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had a CUCM 7.0 using a windows server for an NTP source and it totally screwed up the Subscriber on install. It never really worked. I had re-install the subscriber and change the NTP source on the publisher to an IOS switch or external. Once that was taken care, it worked fine

I am using VMware for Cisco UCM7.0 and also my NTP is IOS router (external HQ Router).I see publisher is synchronized with NTP but interesting few minutes behind (8-12mins).

Any idea

Thx for help

I had tried that but it still didn't work for me.

I had changed the NTP source on the publisher to an external router (configured as the NTP master) and re-installed subscriber.

Hi Limyuensan,

Any idea why my config is not working? or provide me your configuration steps(details)how you successfully installed subscriber? On MCS Server(real hardware) subscriber installation is working fine without any issue(tested) but I am using vmware at my home Lab and giving problem.

Thx

Hello,

I think this problem seems to be unique to installations using VM. As indicated in other forums, many have faced the same issue.

Mine is a lab environment.

My installation of the subscriber in VM is still facing the issue of not being able to synchronize with the NTP in the publisher.

I have set my publisher to sync with an external router which I have configured as a master NTP. The pub sync for a moment but thereafter lost that sync and started following its own clock. I notice when this happens, if you install the subscriber, it fails.

My other routers are able to sync with the master NTP router. I have tested and eliminated connectivity issues.

According to one of the posts here, the sub should install successfully if the pub is sync with an external NTP. That post, though, did not specify whether the installations were done on an MCS or VM.

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

did anyone manage to fix this problem? i am running CUCM 7.0 on Vmware ESX 3.5. Subscriber installation is failing to validate the publisher even though i added the subcriber server on the publisher first. i am using local hardware clock on publisher.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Hey,

No luck here at all.

I guess you can only do som much with VMWare.

I am running into exactly the same problem. Has anyone had any luck with adding a new subscriber on VMware?

Thank You!

Chris

i didn't face any problem when install on both vmware server/workstation series and ESX series.

I guess the problem is the pub/sub communicate using ipsec. When the time is out of sync by far too much, the installation will fails.

In vmware server/workstation series, the time lose sync very fast even it's sync to ntp due to some vmware limitations. To solve this, just use vmware ESX instead.

Therefore the answer to the problem is after installing pub, asap try to install sub before the time difference is too great or adjust the pub's bios to the actual time before you start installing the sub.

At the end I am able to install ccmpub and ccmsub on vmware!

What I am using:

- Windows 2003 server Enterprise OS

-vmaware server 1.4

- add ccmsub on the ccmpub as per cisco docs

-make sure NTP is synchronised, verify with command "utils ntp status" on ccmpub CLI

-SUCCESS

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: