Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.X

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

what the general consensus on this version as of now? im still pitching 6.X for my customers but my reps are asking to start with 7

any thoughts on stability or very basic bugs that are still unresovled etc?

i normally take a while before i pitch the new versions just to make sure i dont end up in some "unforseen' situations with my customers

thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arvind,

Hope things are well with you! I'm sure others here will weigh in on this question. For my 2 cent$ I would be going with CCM 6.1(2) or 6.1(3) and would wait until at least 7.1(x) came out before going that direction. When I checked the Bug Toolkit the other day I still saw 255 "Open" bugs associated with 7.0

That being said, there are many nice features in 7.0 and many bugs were probably minor in nature. I'm just very cautious when it comes to these decisions, it drives our Cisco SE (sorry Sam) nuts I'm sure ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

I have been testing 7.0 in the lab for about a month now and it is solid - every feature. We are going to start updating documentation and start pushing it! - my $0.02.

We've standarized on CM 7 vs 6.1 after a great success on all of our upgrades and green field deployments. In my opinion there is no reason to stick with 6.1, unless you run into compatibility issues with other applications.

HTH,

Chris

thanks a lot, based on what im hearing thus far, seems that its not questionable to upgrade as opposed to previous new versions. ill still stick with 6 for a little while longer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: