Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS Problem

adhityakarthik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have problem in contacting MY tacacs server intermediately, i have checked the network connectivity during that period and seems to OK

Could you please let me know the issse

regd

Raj

5 Replies 5

Hi Raj,

We need more information regarding the issue. Would you please provide us the configuration of NAS?

To make sure that you've correctly added the NAS on the TACACS server.

To make sure that the key is same on both sides.

Toshi

Hi

every thing was working fine till yester day for years but from last 1 day we have intermediate disconection to Tacacs in during those disconnection we can log in only by local passwords

Check for someone duplicated ip address of the TACACS server. Disconnect the TACACS from the network and ping for the TACACS ip .If its still pinging ...That will be the issue.

Hope That helps.

Ullas

hi adhitya,

You mentioned that the router is using a local database to authenticate users. right? So a Local database should be the second option if you can't reach the TACACS server. How to verify that?

- ping the server from NAS.

Is that okay?

- then telnet to the server by using TCP port that you've defined.

Is that okay?

- then check the logging of the server.

Please let us know how things work out.

Toshi

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

aside from pings, add traceroute on your diagnostics. this will let you know where you disconnect. troubleshoot from there. can you check on your tacacs-server and AAA config if there were changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: