Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

clustering issue

Hi all,

I've an publisher installed and i am configuring Subscriber for make a cluster .. while configuring Subscriber asking for publisher hostname and ip ... i am inserting the same hostname and ip but its not authenticating .. some one told me i need to configure it in publisher ... i have added subscriber in publisher but still its not working ??? and does it require lisence also ??bcoz in lisence node its showing me 1 and in remaining 0 ..do i need lisence for clustering ???

Regards

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nasry,

You will require one License File that includes licensing for **two Nodes (CCM Servers) to build the cluster of Pub/Sub;

**Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (in your case 2) (the number of servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster - with seats *Node License) and the phones that are associated with those nodes (DLU's on a separate License).

***Note - Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco CallManager cluster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this good doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530f9b.html

So you will have to purchase 1 extra License for the new Node (Subscriber). Here is an example of the License file from Cisco (for CCM 5.x but similar look and feel for 6.x);

Permanent CCM_Node licenses

# Optional usage agreement, legal language, tracking information

# Some other comments

INCREMENT CCM_NODE cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \

VENDOR_STRING=3000BCD4EE59D1.0

ileVersion> \

HOSTID=000bcd4ee59d \

NOTICE="200508261405391621 \

" SIGN="19B3 4C6C 25AC 6D22 4D75 DE6A 656B 08C5 \

30E4 16DB 771B 1393 9DC1 DBC4 C5AA 15CC 6E6C B7B8 895A DCBA \

B40F C551 2625 1C97 F20D 9977 6CFF 3603 081E 6FF2"

The preceding license file includes the following information:

No expiration date for this license exists as indicated by the keyword permanent.

This license file provides three licenses for the version 5.0 of the feature CCM_NODES.

The Cisco specific fieldLicFileID, identifies this license file.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check your password also. If you used a non-standard password on Publisher for setup, it will not work. Simplify the password on publisher and try again.

Also if you selected DNS, it's trying to resolve the hostname, so uncheck use DNS and try again also. If CUCM Manager is not started on the Publisher, you will not be able to add the subscriber. (hence the license needed below that rob mentioned)

You should still be able to add a subscriber to a publisher with 1 license. You just cant start the CUCM service. It will flag and say you are not licensed.

When you added the subscriber to the publisher, use the IP Address instead of the name. (another trick to go around DNS)