cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Software

miteshsharma02
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded gns3 and i require CISCO IOS Software for it to operate. Foe the past 5 days i have been looking for it but unable to find. Can someone please guide me, i need to practice with the network simulator.

Thanking You.

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mitesh

Do you have a valid service account with Cisco. Here is a link to the IOS download page but you will need an account to access it -

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

Jon

The page says you are not entitled for this service. Is there any other alternate for this.

Thank you.

To download the IOS, you may need to have cisco partner reseller account or direct cisco partner only have the authority to download the IOS.

Hi all.

I regularly buy new Cisco hardware but I need to download iOS software. Is it possible to download with a Serial Number or something which is in the box ?

tks

No..not with the serial number but if you bought a Support contract  with these devices then you can link these contracts in your Cisco  profile. Based on the contract, your user id will get the required  authorisation to access the IOS download page

Or another way is to use the IOS file from the Cisco  Routers bought (if they are of the same platform which GNS support) and  transfer it to the PC using TFTP

Hope it helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card