Sanitizing a 3000-series Concentrator...

Answered Question
Dec 5th, 2008

Not alot of info exists on the old[er] 3000-series concentrators. I can't find info on sanitizing it. I need to ship our concentrator to another business unit, but it still needs to be wiped.

A guess: Shall I delete, or rename the CONFIG.TXT file in the flash? Will this brick the unit, or will it give it amnesia (like I want) I need something akin to "write erase" on a Cisco router...

Otherwise, what's the accepted method for sanitizing / blowing away the config on a 3000-series concentrator?

Correct Answer by Mark Yeates about 8 years 2 months ago

This sends the concentrator back to factory defaults. Cisco supplies default parameters that cover typical installations and uses; once you supply minimal parameters in Quick Configuration, the system is operational.

Mark

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Mark Yeates Fri, 12/05/2008 - 05:54

Alex,

You will be fine by removing the config on the concentrator. From the File Management screen, delete the "config" file and reboot.

Note: There is a backup config that you will also want to also delete "config.bak"

HTH,

Mark

abatson Fri, 12/05/2008 - 06:10

Thanks Mark - I'm guessing this sends the concentrator into a setup wizard of some sort, just like a router? In other words, is there anything unusual to do the first time I reboot, after deleting CONFIG, and CONFIG.BAK?

Correct Answer
Mark Yeates Fri, 12/05/2008 - 06:31

This sends the concentrator back to factory defaults. Cisco supplies default parameters that cover typical installations and uses; once you supply minimal parameters in Quick Configuration, the system is operational.

Mark

Actions

This Discussion