cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sanitizing a 3000-series Concentrator...

abatson
Level 1
Level 1

Not alot of info exists on the old[er] 3000-series concentrators. I can't find info on sanitizing it. I need to ship our concentrator to another business unit, but it still needs to be wiped.

A guess: Shall I delete, or rename the CONFIG.TXT file in the flash? Will this brick the unit, or will it give it amnesia (like I want) I need something akin to "write erase" on a Cisco router...

Otherwise, what's the accepted method for sanitizing / blowing away the config on a 3000-series concentrator?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This sends the concentrator back to factory defaults. Cisco supplies default parameters that cover typical installations and uses; once you supply minimal parameters in Quick Configuration, the system is operational.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Alex,

You will be fine by removing the config on the concentrator. From the File Management screen, delete the "config" file and reboot.

Note: There is a backup config that you will also want to also delete "config.bak"

HTH,

Mark

Thanks Mark - I'm guessing this sends the concentrator into a setup wizard of some sort, just like a router? In other words, is there anything unusual to do the first time I reboot, after deleting CONFIG, and CONFIG.BAK?

This sends the concentrator back to factory defaults. Cisco supplies default parameters that cover typical installations and uses; once you supply minimal parameters in Quick Configuration, the system is operational.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: