cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect: Not a Valid User?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco UCM6 setup and have the following issue (or situation).

We setup Mobile Connect and it's working for us where we have remote destinations ringing.

However, when we press the "Mobility" softkey it says ..

Mobile Connect Off: Not a valid user

Is there something I need to do to to fix this? Or should I not worry about this.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

jeffrey-hughes
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. I have followed all the steps in the documentation...so I thought.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to identify that user owns the phone.

Set the Owner User ID value on the device configuration page.

This happens by nature of a User Device Profile if the user is using Extension Mobility.

Had to rate you for a 5 on this. It was spot on for my issue too. Thanks!

Very helpful, Thank you.

However i do have another question. If i have the phone setup for Extension Mobility, but the primary user of the phone does not log into it (the phone is setup for this user) how would we assign the Owner ID?

Cisco appears to make these somewhat mutually exclusive: either you assign an owner ID or enable extension mobility. There are two ways "around this" that I'm aware of:

1) Disable EM, Save, Assign an Owner ID, Save, Enable EM, Save. I believe it will keep the Owner ID value assigned but will be grayed out. I have not had 100% success with this route though.

2) Assign the Log Out Profile to be the UDP for the owner of that phone. Then log in and back out of EM on the phone. When the logout event occurs, the phone will automatically log back in as the Log Out Profile. This effectively signs that user in to that phone perpetually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: