Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with two vLan and Softphone

a.crippa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I have this problem, I have a CME on 2851 this router is also DHCP with two different pool address for data (10.0.x.x/16) and voice (192.168.0.x/24), and some switch with configured cisco-voice vlan. all works fine, but if I try to use Softphone it does not work because it is on data vlan and have a data IP, putting a static route on pc, it registered but the voice in unidirectional or completly absent.

How can I resolve my problem? It is possible to mantain both vlans and use softphone correctly?

thanks

Augusto

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

You need to make sure the PC or laptop in which the softphone reside should have access to the voice lan and should get IP address in the voice Vlan range. Cisco IP Communicator v 2.0(1) and higher supported only support with CME

You need to have a default gateway for both networks that have reachability to each other.

As well, each vlan will need an SVI (vlan interface) for layer 3 routing reachability.

Your one-way voice is indicative of routing problems. Try pinging destinations from the default gateways and figure out which default gateway is missing the route to the other.