cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSPs / PVDM2s combination question

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

I used the DSP calculator and it recommended that I need a total of 7 DSPs for one of our routers.

The PVDM2 combinations in the output are:

7 DSP(s).

one PVDM2-48 + one PVDM2-64

or

one PVDM2-16 + one PVDM2-32 + one PVDM2-64

or

one PVDM2-16 + two PVDM2-48

The router currently has 2 PVDM2-32s installed and I have another PVDM2-32 on hand.

I am wondering if I can just install this additional PVDM2-32 and be ok even though it is a bit less than what the DSP calculator recommended.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark,

I would think you should be good to go here! The PRI should only require 23 DSP's (1 per B-Channel)and you are adding 32. I'm guessing that the DSP calculator may have been looking at a 2-port PRI Module instead of just the 1 PRI that you will be adding :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that's 6 DSPs, you're one DSP short with that PVDM2 you have on hand.

without knowing the exact requirements no one can answer if that's enough or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Well the location is getting upgraded from about 8 analog lines to a single PRI DID.

They will still have a couple fax devices and analog lines that are active as well as a little bit of conferencing capability.

All the existing analog lines and conferencing capabilities were already working fine with the 2 existing PVDM2-32s.

The router had the capacity for a lot more analog services than we were using...it was not maxed out or even close to being maxed out.

So I guess what I am trying to determine is if an additional PVDM2-32 will be enough additional resources for the PRI DID.

It would be great for convenience and cost savings but if it doesn't seem feasible I will purchase the recommended hardware.

Hi Mark,

I would think you should be good to go here! The PRI should only require 23 DSP's (1 per B-Channel)and you are adding 32. I'm guessing that the DSP calculator may have been looking at a 2-port PRI Module instead of just the 1 PRI that you will be adding :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob I just gave you 5 stars.

Sorry for the late reply.

My router and PRI are good to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: