cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Map help

nocret808
Level 1
Level 1

i am going to be installing our new ASA and would like to add this to my 6509 Core which currently configured for policy route map. need second eyes if this is going to work for me. I am going to add the following on top of what i currently have in my core (attachment is what's going to look like after i added the VPN_ASA below). please help.

redistribute static route-map VPN_ASA

access-list 20 permit 192.168.40.0 0.0.0.255

route-map VPN_ASA permit 20

match ip address 20

3 Replies 3

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

it will permit only 192.168.40.0/24 rest will be denied. If you want to permit the rest one or any other network then add one more statement given below

route-map VPN_ASA permit 30

regards

shivlu jain

thanks. so what you are saying is all other such "route-map Static->eigrp permit 10 is not permitted unless i add "route-map VPN_ASA permit 30?

pls let me know.

thanks

hi nathan,

I'm not clear about your question. Are you trying to redistribute "ip route 192.168.40.0 255.255.252.0 10.192.168.0.130" into eigrp by using route-map. Right?

Why are you using two redistribute-statics? It wouldn't be allowed. And I think the the second statement will not work anyway. You have to assign metrics there.

Just combine them to be one statement. It depends on what you've decided to implement.

Toshi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: