cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use Topology Services and ASDM together - java versions

new_networker
Level 1
Level 1

Campus Manager (Topology services) requires java version 1.5.0_11. However the same version cannot be used to launch ASDM.

The client PC OS is Windows XP Prof SP3. When I install 1.5.0_17 ASDM works, but the Topology services in Campus Manager fails. Would you know of any single java version which can cater to both.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might be able to get this to work by disabling the JVM version you don't need in the Java Control Panel. That is, when you're going to use Topology Services, disable JVM 1.5.0_17; and when you're going to ASDM, disable 1.5.0_11. LMS is very specific in the version of Java it requires. I imagine ASDM is the same way.

LMS 3.0.1 requires JVM 1.5.0_13, and LMS 3.1 requires 1.6.0_5. I'm not sure if ASDM can use either of those.

nicholsonlarry
Level 1
Level 1

That is one problem Cisco has is the conflicting Java versions across product lines. I end up just using different PC to access the products. For instance my version of CiscoWorks and ACS require two different revs. I really wish they would get away from Java... I

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: