technical assistance with CCNP lab

Answered Question
Dec 7th, 2008

I have a (1) POD CCNP lab setup that I recently started up for some practice labs. (2) of my 2501 routers seem to have some kind of issue but I'm having trouble isolating. Below are the errors I'm seeing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is it a bad flash, bad board, etc.? I'm thinking the whole board is bad but I want to make sure before I replace it.

%Error: System flash bank 1 chip 3 unknown, chip id 0xC0C (reversed = 0x3030)

%Error: System flash initialization failed

It then boots to this mode:

Router(boot)>

Correct Answer by ross_rulz about 8 years 2 months ago

Looks like your Flash memory could be stuffed. How much flash memory has the router got? If it has 16Mb take out one of the chips and see if it will boot with only one.

Ross.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ross_rulz Sun, 12/07/2008 - 16:03

Looks like your Flash memory could be stuffed. How much flash memory has the router got? If it has 16Mb take out one of the chips and see if it will boot with only one.

Ross.

mmrozek Tue, 12/09/2008 - 05:28

Ross,

It was indeed one of the flash simms. In fact, each router had one bad simm. I placed the (2) good 8M ones in one of the routers and it works fine. Looks like I have to order (2) new 8M flash simms. Thank you for your time!

ross_rulz Tue, 12/09/2008 - 16:01

Hi Mmrozek,

Glad to hear it worked. I had the same problem years ago when I was starting out with the 2500 series routers. All the best.

Ross.

Actions

This Discussion