cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with NAT

webmastadj
Level 1
Level 1

I just got my DSL working on my new 861, but can not get the NAT working. I had it working before when I was testing within my network, but I can't get it to work while it is online with my DSL connection. The DSL is using PPPoE. Everything is working but the NAT. I have also attached the current running config.

9 Replies 9

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How have you verfied NAT is not working - can you try connection and post output of

"sh ip nat translations"

Also can you post output of "sh ip route"

You have "ppp ipcp route default" in your config which i have never used. Could you try adding

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0

and retest.

Jon

Ok, did what you said. The IP ROUTE didn't have effect. I was still able to get online and such. I have attached the output from the show commands.

I have tried everything it seems like. Even rebuilding the config.

Hi,

Which part of NAT is not working. I can get to your web server with the ip address in the NAT Translation that you had posted. That is, djpic.net. So, to me looks like NAT is working, atleast the web server part.

Regards,

Arul

NAT is not working on the CISCO router at all. The reason why you can get to the site is because I have a linksys router, which I am replacing with the CISCO, and has all the ports open I need (80, 443, 21, 23, etc). I can't just leave my server off-line so when I am done testing the CISCO, to revert back to the linksys.

Hello,

try to add a second PC with ip different then 192.168.x.3

and see if you can access internet from it.

your local web server should be working correctly as you can see in the sh ip nat translations there are few accesses to TCP port 80.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

I know the server is working, if I go to localhost on the server or type in its IP address, it takes me to the test page.

I had the it working before, when I just was using the CISCO router inside my linksys network. Staticly assigned the IP address on the WAN (fa4), and it worked. But with the DSL and PPPoE, it doesn't.

I have looked everywhere it seems like, and I believe my NAT config is correct. Tried changing the dialer from di1 to di0, still no good. Tried reassigning the ip nat outside to fa4, didn't work. Tried multiple different styles of access lists and nat tables, none worked. For what I see, it should be working. Even tried telneting to port 80, doesn't go through.

Again, the laptop I have inside the cisco network is able to go online with out a problem.

webmastadj
Level 1
Level 1

Still no more ideas? I would like to get this working before the end of the week. I know it has to be some command somewhere that I am missing.

webmastadj
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem. It was with the Access-list and my test computer. The test computer was programmed with the wrong Default Gateway. Also, the access-list was allowing 80 on 192.168.84.50 when it was supposed to be 192.168.84.3

That is all, thanks for you alls help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: