cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device discovery

anthony_m
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried discovering the devices using the seed device and also the IP range but to no avail. All the devices have cdp enabled but no SNMP configured.

The discovery report shows that the seed device is unreachable yet I can ping the seed device from the LMS server.

What could the issue be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your seed device is 10.3.14.5, but your discovery filter is only set to discover 10.1.1.1. Try relaxing the filter so that the nodes you want to discover are allowed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without SNMP, discovery will not work. All aspects of LMS require SNMP (at least read-only SNMP) to be configured on the devices. If you configure a read-only community string on all your devices, then configure that same string in Discovery SNMP settings, then Discovery will find them as reachable.

I now have two devices configured with SNMP but still cannot discover the devices. I keep on getting the error "No devices discovered".

Please find attached the screenshot from device center showing that with SNMP the device is reachable.

Please post your NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/DeviceDiscovery.conf.

That specific file does not exist in the directory. Is this a problem?

Sorry, I mixed Campus Discovery and CS Discovery. The file is NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/DEviceDiscovery.properties.

Please find attached the requested file.

Your seed device is 10.3.14.5, but your discovery filter is only set to discover 10.1.1.1. Try relaxing the filter so that the nodes you want to discover are allowed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: