Replies

CSDiscovery is not a registered server name

Velin Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have the following issue with Device Discovery under Common Services 3.1.1 :

When i start discovery, it never ends. In the CSDiscovery.log it logs :

[DiscoveryJobUtil : processStatus] : ErrorStream Line: ERROR: CSDiscovery is not a registered server name.Please enter a valid process/server name or check the case of the entered process/server name.

Restarting the LMS does not help

Any suggestions? I've attached CSDiscovery-config.xml

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command. It sounds like the LMS 3.0.1 update was not properly installed as this service should have been registered.

Hi Joe,

Here is the output of pdshow command attached

It seems to me that all processes are in state that are suppose to be...

Should I re-install the update?

I don't see any other process state problems. However, CSDiscovery is missing. Try doing a reinstallation as local Administrator after disabling anti-virus software, and setting the TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP).

Hi Joe,

I tried to reinstall after setting the environment variables as you said.

I still can't see the CSDiscovery process in the process list of Common Services and i get the same error as described in my first post.

I'm not quite sure if this is related to the problem, but i noticed a file in the NMSROOT directory with a name DiscoveryLock and content "DiscoveryLock to avoid the discovery two preocess ". I have attached the pdshow output again

Please post the latest Ciscoworks_install log under C:\.

Here it is

I don't see any errors here. Try running this command as a local Administrator with Daemon Manager running:

pdreg -r CSDiscovery -e C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.exe -f "-cw C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx -cw:jre lib\jre -cp:pmf conf\csdiscovery\CSDiscovery.mf com.cisco.nm.csdiscovery.CSDiscoveryManager" -n

Yep, the command execution was succesful. Now i can see the CSDiscovery process in the processes list.

And i started a discovery to see if it works fine.

I'm curious what exactly was the problem and why it happened, if you don't mind to explain in brief

Thank you for your cooperation

Have a nice weekend

I don't know. The log did not indicate why CSDiscovery was not registered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco