cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip Trunking with more than one provider.

vgioia5090
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how can I configure more than one sip provider? Currently I have callcentric configured under sip-ua. Do I add the additional info under the same sip-ua or can you add a second sip-ua like sip-ua 2? also how would I route the calls either as a secondary or an additional line on the system..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

At this time you can only register to one at a time, and for backup purposes they have to be the same username and password.

Here's an example of a backup registrar example:

sip-ua

authentication username xxxx password yyyy

registrar dns:abc.net expires 3600 <-- Primary SIP Provider

registrar dns:xyz.net expires 3600 secondary <-- Backup SIP provider

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You need to set up another dial peer using destination-pattern and session target as appropriate.

CME (need CME 4.1) can talk to a primary & backup registrar server and use multiple credentials which will be tried for both servers.

Basic SIP Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/sip/configuration/guide/chapter1.html

hi and thanks, i guess what you meant was that i can add additional registrars to the sip-ua and then create dial peers with that target, right? if so then can i set priority so if i dial 1800XXXXXXX and one provider is down, it will go out the second? could you give me a sample of what the config might look like?

thanks

At this time you can only register to one at a time, and for backup purposes they have to be the same username and password.

Here's an example of a backup registrar example:

sip-ua

authentication username xxxx password yyyy

registrar dns:abc.net expires 3600 <-- Primary SIP Provider

registrar dns:xyz.net expires 3600 secondary <-- Backup SIP provider

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: