cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip Trunking with more than one provider.

vgioia5090
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how can I configure more than one sip provider? Currently I have callcentric configured under sip-ua. Do I add the additional info under the same sip-ua or can you add a second sip-ua like sip-ua 2? also how would I route the calls either as a secondary or an additional line on the system..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

At this time you can only register to one at a time, and for backup purposes they have to be the same username and password.

Here's an example of a backup registrar example:

sip-ua

authentication username xxxx password yyyy

registrar dns:abc.net expires 3600 <-- Primary SIP Provider

registrar dns:xyz.net expires 3600 secondary <-- Backup SIP provider

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You need to set up another dial peer using destination-pattern and session target as appropriate.

CME (need CME 4.1) can talk to a primary & backup registrar server and use multiple credentials which will be tried for both servers.

Basic SIP Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/sip/configuration/guide/chapter1.html

hi and thanks, i guess what you meant was that i can add additional registrars to the sip-ua and then create dial peers with that target, right? if so then can i set priority so if i dial 1800XXXXXXX and one provider is down, it will go out the second? could you give me a sample of what the config might look like?

thanks

At this time you can only register to one at a time, and for backup purposes they have to be the same username and password.

Here's an example of a backup registrar example:

sip-ua

authentication username xxxx password yyyy

registrar dns:abc.net expires 3600 <-- Primary SIP Provider

registrar dns:xyz.net expires 3600 secondary <-- Backup SIP provider