cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery for Unity and Call Manager

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We are currently reviewing another office's Unity 4.0(4) and two Call Manager 4.2(3)servers in the interest of taking over management responsiblity. None of the three servers is being backed up and other than the admin passwords, I am not sure the "Installation" passwords have been documented. If this is the case, is there a way to retrieve passwords on these servers? These servers are covered by smartnet. What are our options (if any) if we find we are missing installation level passwords?

Please let me know if you have any experience with this.

Rgds,

Vicky

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity uses active directory. So if you can log into Active Directory, you can log into Unity and reset passwords for it. And Unity depends on which accounts were used for the services. If the service accounts were setup from the installation guide, you can run through the process to reset these.

For CUCM, if you can log into the CUCM in the GUI, this is the same username and password on the Windows 2000 server it self.

This is very helpful information. So I really only have one potentially REALLY BAD situation, which is the Unity. Any chance you have experience doing a Unity password reset?

Changing Passwords

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_100.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

This is perfect. Thank you!

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

well, this is really more a MS question than a Cisco issue.

i know of no procedure to retrieve passwords from AD, also there is no procedure to find out the windows pwd from CCM windows OS.

you can easily reset them but we do not provide methods to recover those, we can recover some pwds from users created when you installed CUCM because they're in some keys in the registry and we can decrypt them.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Reseting passwords is fine, I just want to know all of my options in the event that the passwords are different than the admin passwords (I know unity requires different passwords during initial installation). Do you have any documentation regarding the password reset process for this release?

already posted the link

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: