CME in Germany

Unanswered Question
Dec 8th, 2008

Hi, I have a CME 4.1 in Germany with 2 BRI interfaces. I believe the ISDN/BRI interfaces are configured correctly. "show isdn status" looks good. When I do a "debug isdn a931", I can see my call coming in from the phone company. On the debug, the called number is stripped down to just the local number:

Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '3949200'

So I have two inbound dial-peers on both bri0/3/0 and bri0/3/1, yet I don't see the calls making it to the phones. Is the codec possibly an issue? I have attached the running config.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
jbayuka Fri, 12/12/2008 - 14:18

Does Caller ID come in via FACILITY IE or DISPLAY IE? Currently with CME only DISPLAY IE is supported.

allan.thomas Fri, 12/12/2008 - 17:01

The configuration you have posted indicates that you have a dialplan pattern configured under the telephony service of 2.. to 5..

However the called number 3949200 will result in 500 in this case, and there does not appear to be a ephone-dn configured for this number?

What happens if you call 3949240 or 3949241? Do these ring ephone-dn2 or 3?

Could you post the debug voice ccapi inout when you test incoming calls.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Bob Bagheri Fri, 12/12/2008 - 17:57

Thanks Allan. I realized that myself and already corrected it. I found out that outside US, Canada and S. America the codec is "alaw" instead of "ulaw". I have changed the codec and am waiting to hear back from the users (time difference). I will reply to this chain once I find out if it worked.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Bagheri Fri, 12/26/2008 - 07:17

The issue was the codec. I had to change the codec to g711alaw. In addition, there is a command on the voice ports that was needed.

voice-port 0/1/0

compand-type a-law

Hope that helps,

Bob Bagheri

www.netcraftsmen.net

Actions

This Discussion