cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME in Germany

Bob Bagheri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a CME 4.1 in Germany with 2 BRI interfaces. I believe the ISDN/BRI interfaces are configured correctly. "show isdn status" looks good. When I do a "debug isdn a931", I can see my call coming in from the phone company. On the debug, the called number is stripped down to just the local number:

Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '3949200'

So I have two inbound dial-peers on both bri0/3/0 and bri0/3/1, yet I don't see the calls making it to the phones. Is the codec possibly an issue? I have attached the running config.

4 Replies 4

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Does Caller ID come in via FACILITY IE or DISPLAY IE? Currently with CME only DISPLAY IE is supported.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The configuration you have posted indicates that you have a dialplan pattern configured under the telephony service of 2.. to 5..

However the called number 3949200 will result in 500 in this case, and there does not appear to be a ephone-dn configured for this number?

What happens if you call 3949240 or 3949241? Do these ring ephone-dn2 or 3?

Could you post the debug voice ccapi inout when you test incoming calls.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Thanks Allan. I realized that myself and already corrected it. I found out that outside US, Canada and S. America the codec is "alaw" instead of "ulaw". I have changed the codec and am waiting to hear back from the users (time difference). I will reply to this chain once I find out if it worked.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Bagheri
Level 1
Level 1

The issue was the codec. I had to change the codec to g711alaw. In addition, there is a command on the voice ports that was needed.

voice-port 0/1/0

compand-type a-law

Hope that helps,

Bob Bagheri

www.netcraftsmen.net

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: