cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Messaging Interface

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking around in the RTMT for our system and found that there is an alert regarding the 'Cisco Messaging Service' being down. I verified that it is activated but not running in the serviceability page. I was going to restart the service but since I cannot find any documentation as to what it actually does I did not want to take a chance on restarting it. If anybody knows what that service is or does and could point me to some documentation I would appreciate it.

Thanks - Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no, SMDI is a legacy VM integration and that's the main purpose of the CMI

there is no need to start the service for a CUC integration, or unity, or CUE for that matter

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it's used for legacy VM integrations, SMDI.

if you're not using any, there is no need to start the service

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply. We are using Cisco Unity Connection for our voice mail. Do you know if that would be considered a legacy VM?

Thanks,

Matt

no, SMDI is a legacy VM integration and that's the main purpose of the CMI

there is no need to start the service for a CUC integration, or unity, or CUE for that matter

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you again. That clears it up for me, just one more thing. Should I set that so that the service is no activated or does it not really make any difference? It has been functioning this way for a couple of months now so I don't see the harm but if it will clear up the alerts in the RTMT and not afect anything I would prefer to just change it.

Thanks - Matt

the recommendation is to leave it stopped unless going to use it.

same as CAPF, if not using it, leave it stopped.

simply ignore the alerts

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: