cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Soft Phone Mode

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I have a lab enviroment that I have installed UCM 7 UC 7 and CUP 7...all seems to be working fine but I can't change the phone mode to Soft Phone. The server health shows Soft Phone grayed out and Not in Service. I have added the device with the same ext. as a Cisco Unified Personal Communicator device and the Device name is UPCJOEHARBISON ...user is associated with device and all user id / device are associated with the device. Desktop control works fine. Device in CCM never shows registered (don't know if should). I have found many documents that have said the device name is UPC<User ID> but some say 12 digits some say 9...some say to allow CTI some say to not...could this be a sip issue if all other items such as line state are working? Any help would be appreciated...I am getting frustrated...

Thanks,

Joe

23 Replies 23

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

Update:

Looking @ the log file on the client PC I see: 2008-12-09 08:55:32,218 [0x00000e74] INFO LCMiddleware - (MWMSG_CFGMGR_LICENSING) ConfigurationManager: licensing =

Presence = yes

Softphone = no

Video = yes

IM = yes

What could cause this?

I resolved a similar issue by going into user-management-->end-user and making sure under the Device Associations that the "UPC-device name" is in this window. HTH's

also make sure the licensing has check marks for it under CUCM --> System --> Licensing --> Capabilities -->"user" has 2 checks mark for enable CUP and enable CUCP.

HTH's

The device is listed under the Device Associations and both items are checked under the license capabilities. I have racked my brain on this one...Just so I am clear I don't have to install the softphone...it is part of cupc install.

Joe

Yes, you are correct, let me look at my config some more.

Also just to make sure I am clear...the UPC devices should be UPC with upto 12 characters? Also should these devices show registered within CallManager if they are connected?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, yes the devices should show registered with CUCM. See my attachment.

I am still stuck...I don't think it is a sip issue since I get presence onhook/offhook updates. Do you have any suggestions of where I can look to determine what is going on..debuggin of the client is not much help since it simply states softphone = no ...

Thanks,

Joe

OK, maybe I missed something you said so when you have a UPC client up and go to Help --> Show Server Health - you should see the options in CUCP and the softphone is red? What if you click under this same window where is has the "Softphone" option under "Server:" what msg do you see in the right side of the screen?

Do you see something like in my attachment here? Also, go to your Presence server log in as the admin and then go to Application --> Cisco Unified Personal communicator --> User setings --> find the one you want to get working do you see a screen shot similar to attachment titled "Presence-user-setting"?

Here are my results...what version are you running...I think 7.X is a bit different.

Joe

Hi Joe,

We have CUCM6.1, CUPS6.0 and Unity 7.0. You may be right about the different versions.

I have looked @ the config file I download from the server...UPCJOEHARBISON.cnf . Everything looks good in there, I have made changes to the UPCdevice and restarted the Communicator and the changes are reflected in the config file. This seems to be something very simple but I almost lost..I have completely reinstalled precence. Changed users Capabilities and added them back. Still stuck without a soft phone in the CUPC, Odd that it tells me Softphone Not Active in the server health...I noticed your setup has a SIP proxy profile..I can't find that in the User setting on 7.X...anyone else know where to look for the user specific sip values...

Thanks,

Joe

My issue with phone control was related to the ACL configuration. Have you verified the inbound and outbound ACL on your presence server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: