cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LFI

kwillacey
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to configure LFI for traffic passing over an Ethernet interface? If so how?

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it possible to configure LFI for traffic passing over an Ethernet interface?

I'm afraid it's not possible. It was designed for low-speed serial links using MLPPP or Frame-Relay/ATM.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BTW: depending on your needs, working with IP and Ethernet, controlling MTU might be an alternative to needing LFI.

Thanks for your response, how can I verify fragmentation on an Ethernet interface, I am concerned that data might be holding up voice packets.

Not quite sure what you mean by "how can I verify fragmentation on an Ethernet interface". If your concern is VoIP on Ethernet, Ethernet is normally fast enough that packet size and fragmentation isn't an issue provided you can place your VoIP packets into a separate interface egress queue with priority or guarantee bandwidth access. Many managable switches (and routers) often support some QoS features.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card