Unanswered Question

Hello all,

I want ccnp and ccdp certification, i have passed bcmsn and bsci. the question is that, do i need to write the bcmsn and bsci twice to get the certification or with this one on my hand I can add iscw & ont for the ccnp, and design exam for ccdp.

Thanks for you quick reply.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
crow930us Tue, 12/09/2008 - 06:44

My understanding is that you only have to pass those exams once. The same exam can be used for both certifications. The same applies to the 642-642 QOS exam and how it relates to the CCIP & CCVP certifications.

ccnp_seeker Tue, 12/09/2008 - 09:04

Also you need a valid CCDA certification in order to complete the CCDP.

o.wong Tue, 12/23/2008 - 04:43

Hi Williams,

In order to sit the CCDP exams, you need to have completed your CCNA AND CCDA first.

If you also want to do the CCDP, it makes sense to study for the CCNP as well. If you have already passed the CCNP, you only need to sit one more exam:

642-873 - Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH)

The other components of the CCDP are Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN), and Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), both of which are also modules for the CCNP certification.

This link is useful:

Good luck.

o.wong Sun, 12/28/2008 - 10:33

Hi Williams,

No - you will only need to sit the BSCI and BCMSN once, for both CCNP and CCDP.

If you complete the CCNP first, all you will need to do is pass the Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) exam, to get CCDP certified.

This Discussion