Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Sites with VoIP without using SRST

twhittle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am looking at implementing a CCME solution with 7940Gs at the main site and remote sites, also with 7940Gs. My question is... Can I do this with a 2801-CCME at the main site and 877s or 1801s at the remote sites or will I have have to use something like the C881-SRST? Do I have to get a router which supports SRST in order for this to work? or just a specific feature set on a standard router?

Thanks!

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

It is technically possible to implement 800 series routers at the remote site. There are, however, a couple of things to consider.

1. You will have no failover at remote sites. If the WAN is down, your phones are down.

2. You will have no local phone service which means no local emergency services.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

It is technically possible to implement 800 series routers at the remote site. There are, however, a couple of things to consider.

1. You will have no failover at remote sites. If the WAN is down, your phones are down.

2. You will have no local phone service which means no local emergency services.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for replying Brandon, that's what I needed to know. The phones are being put in with minimal cost and there are analogue phones connected to the PSTN for emergency services. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: