cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAPSearch Active Directory Root

erikpotteiger
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the localizeddirectory.asp service with my cisco IP Phones.

It does work but I cannot figure out how to specify my LDAP Search base as the whole Active Directory.

I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain. The root of the domain is "DC=schools,DC=org"

I have an OU call administration.

If I set the code to point to "OU=Administration,DC=schools,DC=org" I can search all users in the Administration OU and return phone numbers. It works.

I try setting the LDAP search base to a more general path "DC=schools,DC=org" so I can search all of my organization but it returns a 500 internal server error.

Can you use the root of a windows 2003 Active Directory domain as the search base for the LDAPSearch.dll version 3?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I've just logged on to post this exact query - I've tried the same things as you with the same results.

It seems the v3 DLL won't bind to the root of a domain.

Has anyone else got this problem and/or a solution?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Chris and Ryan,

I changed the port to 3268 and then changed the ldap search base to the root and it works!!!! Awesome, I can see the whole directory!

Thank you so much!

Erik

Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] IP Phone SDK: LDAPSearch Active Directory Root

As a test to see if referrals are the problem, you can point the search to your AD Global Catalog server and use port 3268. The GC eliminates the need for referrals.

Chris

kwyoung11
Level 1
Level 1

Erik,

Can I see the script ?

Karl.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: