Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM10/ASA5520 stats after upgrade. Hope someone else has seen this

benreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

looking for some help on a recent upgrade.

We currently have several asa5520 with ssm-10 cards. the ASA's are acting as a transparrent device (vers 8.0.4).

On the ssm-10 vers 6.1.1-E2 we get 1000's of connections shown on the top applications window on the ssm dashboard.

I have upgraded units to 6.1-1-E3 image and the 6.2-1-E3 image on the ssm-10 cards. On these upgrades the top applications window on the dashboard shows significantly reduced connections (from 1500 to 30). I'm happy that the traffic is routing through the ssm units but confused why there is such a big change.

Has anyone else seen this on the E3 upgrades? Your response would be appreiciated.

Many thanks

Ben

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

To install a new system image on the sensor, use ROMMON, the bootloader file, or the maintenance partition depending on which platform you have.

When you install a new system image on your sensor, all accounts are removed and the default cisco account is reset to use the default password cisco. After installing the system image, you must initialize the sensor again.

After you reimage and initialize your sensor, upgrade your sensor with the most recent service pack, signature update, signature engine update, minor update, major update, and recovery partition file.

Apologies - I may have been misunderstood...

This question was in respect to an engine update and how the dashboard on the SSM-10 sensor shows stats after the engine update.

We did not require to re-image the devices.

Thansk in advance

Ben.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: