Views
Helpful
Replies

CME caller ID

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are using CME 7.0 with SIP trunk from service provider. I forward call from IP phone to my cell phone. I have to use translation pattern, to translate all caller number to our main number, otherwise service provider doesn't allow to make outbound call. In this point, when incoming call comes to my IP phone, it forwards to my cell phone, but it shows our office main number because of translation pattern. How can I send authorized phone number to service provider which is our main number and also shows original caller party number as caller ID on my cell phone?

any sugeggestion would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

The display of caller ID information for outgoing calls from a particular ephone-dn can be blocked on a per-call basis, allowing users to maintain their privacy when necessary. The system administrator defines a code for caller ID blocking in Cisco Unified CME. Users then dial the code before making any call on which they do not want their number displayed on the called-party phone. The caller ID is sent, but its presentation parameter is set to "restricted" so that the caller ID is not displayed.

Hi Alex,

This can be done with an outgoing translation profile on the outgoing dial peer.

Depending on what number your provider is looking at, it may be the calling or redirecting number.

If you have outgoing called number translations, you can just add a redirecting or calling translation.

Ex:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(....\)$/ /44\1/

rule 2 /.*/ /5551234/

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 1

translate redirect-target 1

translate redirect-called 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile 1 out

This translation changed a 4 digit number to 44 plus the 4 digit number, and changes all other numbers to 5551234